The Girl Behind The Rockstuds
What a better way to start 2017 then to tell you all a little more about me, the girl behind Rockstuds.
1. Jordan was always going to be my name. My parents didn’t know I was going to be a girl so they had planned Jordan Blake if I was a boy and Jordan Blair if I was girl. Turned out my initials would have always been JBH.
2. Growing up I had two Golden Retrievers. I’m crazy about dogs, I stop them all the time on the street (just asks my friends).
3. I love quoting TV & films throughout the day, “It was a gift” -Sarah Jessica Parker in “First Wives Club” and “Calm down take a xanex” –Ramona Singer in RHONY, just to name a few.
4. It is so hard to pick a favorite movie because it changes all the time. But a few I could watch on repeat: Legally Blonde, Sabrina (old and new), The Holiday, Love Actually, Bridget Jones's Diary and Casino Royal.
5. I watch way too much television, Bravo every night, ABC Wednesday’s & Thursdays, NBC (Chicago Med/Law & Order). I counted once and it was around 40 shows a year.
6. This is the story of how I got my blog's name. The first pair of comfortable heels I came across were Valentino’s rockstuds. I got my first pair when I was freelancing at their corporate offices after college. Afterwards I bought a few more pairs and everyone at my next job would ask me “do you have a closet full of rockstuds?” Rockstuds stuck with me and it feels like I’m always running and doing a million things a day.
7. I’m the only person in my family with strawberry blonde hair and it’s natural. I just add some highlights to lighten it up.
8. Freshman year of high school I was assigned to the boy’s locker room in gym class. With a name like Jordan I get mistaken for a guy at least once a day.
9. I graduated from Indiana University with a major in Communications and two minors, in Telecommunication and Sociology. Go Hoosiers!
10. I love teen lit. When I was younger I would read a book a day. My favorites series were GossipGirl (before it was on TV), The A-List, The Au Pairs and Private (made me want to go to boarding school).
11. I can’t whistle or ride a bike.
12. I’m 5’2 and a quarter.
13. I take most of my pictures on my Sony a 6000 and my iphone.
14. I went to University of Colorado at Boulder before transferring to Indiana. Transferring colleges was one of the biggest lessons I have ever learned. If you work hard, anything is possible. I wouldn’t trade that year because I met such wonderful friends (hi Brooke and Hayley).
15. I was Editor In Chief of my high school newspaper Rams Horn.
16. Some commercials make me cry, photos of puppies on Instagram, some of Adele songs… pretty much anything can make me cry.
17. My favorite quote is “some may say I dream big, I say you think small”.
18. Pierce Brosnan held me as a baby in Disney World. I recently bumped into him in NYC and told him this story….
19. My favorite candy is Sour Punch Straws.
20. I’m the youngest in my family. I have two older sisters Jessica (lives in L.A) and Ashley (lives in NYC).
21. Cities I would love to live in someday even if it’s for a short time are London and L.A.
22. I am currently working in Public Relations and Event Planning (check out my instastories for behind the scenes).
23. My favorite part of my closet is my shoe collection. Unfortunately no one in my family is the same size as me (6.5) to borrow any : )
24. My biggest dream in life is to be a published author. I’m working on my first novel (fiction) that I hope to finish it before my birthday (I only have till May)... gotta go write see ya!!!